Mission and Philosophy
Athletic Mission Statement
The Athletic Department at Grace Christian Academy seeks to teach every student-athlete the discipline required to build Christian character, develop a sense of community, and to foster excellence in education, teamwork, and leadership.
To utilize athletic participation and competition to prepare Grace Christian Academy student-athletes to be successful at whatever comes next.
· Enable Christian leaders who glorify God in all they do
· Develop a commitment to good sportsmanship and respect for others
· Encourage the pursuit of athletic excellence
· Foster character qualities of honesty, effort, and discipline
· Define and identify opportunities for servant leadership
· Demand perseverance in the face of adversity
· Model humility in victory and grace in defeat
· Maximize proficiency in God-given talents
· Recognize that the well-being of individuals takes precedence over athletic achievement
· Provide opportunities for developing student self-advocacy in and out of competition
· Partner with all GCA community members to provide a healthy atmosphere in which student-athletes can apply principles learned in competitive sports to enhance their relationship with God and their quality of life.