Application for admission to Grace Christian Academy in Knoxville, Tennessee, is begun by using the Online Application, found on the GCA website. The Online Application system allows parent/guardians to track their progress with the Admissions Checklist for each student.
The admissions process varies slightly for different grade levels, but the general process is as follows:
- Submit the Online Application: A non-refundable application fee of $100 is payable online for each application.
- Apply for Need-based Tuition Assistance (optional): Following the submission of your child's application, you are eligible to apply for Need-based Tuition Assistance. Visit the "Affording Grace" page for more information about the application process for tuition assistance.
- Screening: Each prospective student is scheduled for a screening. Students work with the GCA staff members on grade level appropriate work to determine proper classroom placement.
- Application Review: When the student file is complete with the appropriate recommendation forms and records, the Admissions Review Team will review each application.
- Family Interview: When the screening results are available, your family will have the opportunity to meet with the division head to establish a relationship, learn more about what to expect at GCA, and ask any additional questions. Middle and Upper School students are required to attend the Family Interview.
You will receive a formal decision letter within two weeks of your Family Interview, including information explaining how to finalize your child's enrollment. The enrollment process will not be finalized until the Online Enrollment packet is completed and your $300 Enrollment Fee is processed. If you are waiting for your Tuition Assistance Application to be processed, please wait to complete the enrollment packet until you've received your offer.
All new students admitted into the Upper School are automatically placed on a semester’s probation to ensure that the new student is compatible with the mission and academic standards of the Academy.